Covid-19 – Keeping our Members, Families and Coaches Safe.
All gymnasts and parents will be asked to read and confirm they agree to this policy before attending any indoor sessions. It is vital we have your agreement on this policy. Please access your Love Admin account and tick the Covid-19 Policy box
1. We ask all gymnasts, Parents and coaches, to reschedule sessions if they currently have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, live in a household with somebody with current symptoms or have been in contact with somebody with suspected of confirmed COVID-19 within the last 14 days. Please follow government guidance on isolation. If you have any symptoms of corona virus you should arrange a test by visiting https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/
2. Socially distanced training in place, coaches will not be catching or supporting gymnasts at this time, this will mean sessions will focus on the basics working up to skills the gymnast is able to do unsupported.
3. Sessions are staggered with 30 minutes gap in between. This is to allow us time to clean and sanitise kit/area before the next session.
4. Reduced equipment in use to keep everyone as safe as possible creating more space and reducing touch points in the gym.
5. We ask all gymnasts in the shielded/vulnerable group to not attend face to face sessions and classes as we are uninsured to coach you. You are able to train virtually only with us. We are happy to offer virtual training to ensure you are safe and we are insured to offer this to you. It is your responsibility to inform us if you fall into this category.
6. To prevent gymnast cross over we have scheduled gaps between each training slot and class. Please maintain social distancing before and after sessions.
7. Please leave promptly and do not arrive any sooner than 5 min prior to the session starting at the designated entrance. Gymnasts arriving more than 5 minutes after the start of the session will not be permitted to enter. Please be aware that other hirers may be accessing the building through other entrances.
8.Payment requests for sessions will be sent out manually for all temporary Summer Sessions.
9. All Coaches are following guidelines laid down by British Gymnastics & Public Health England. We will be following strict social distancing guidelines throughout all sessions.
10. If you have an accident, or require first aid we will administer it and this will require close contact. You must agree to this or we cannot train you and cannot be held responsible for any Covid risk associated to this. We will of course ensure we minimise risk where possible and treat wearing full PPE.
11. Our viewing gallery is currently closed to the public. Only members and coaches actively participating will be allowed entry.
12. We will be asking all gymnasts to wash their hands using the hand sanitiser provided before, during and after each session.
13. You agree to us logging your attendance at all sessions, to be used in trace and track should we be required if someone develops symptoms. You will be logged in via Love Admin for classes.
14. If you are going on holiday and you are subject to new quarantine restrictions you must ensure you let us know and do not attend sessions during this time.
15. We are currently operating a cashless system. Payments can only be made via Love Admin or by Childcare vouchers. Please note the tuck shop is closed.
HBS Revolutions Club Information
HBS Revolutions is a healthy, happy, competitive club managed by Hitchin Boys’ School. The Club is affiliated with British Gymnastics and adopt all of their policies and educational tools to produce a club with the ability to offer Parent & Toddler & Pre-School Gymnastics, Trampoline, DMT, General Gymnastics & Power Tumbling sessions.
Can we try out?
We are excited to meet you and welcome you to the club, however we do have a waiting list. If you would like to be added please click here
Once placed in one of our sessions….
We will be in touch as soon as we have spaces available.
Once placed, with an agreed start date, please arrive 5 minutes early so we can show you how everything works.
After your 2nd trial, we will send you information on how to join.
After a 2 week trial all gymnasts must be affiliated to British Gymnastics, our governing body whom provides personal accident insurance.
The Membership year runs from 1st October – 30th September.
Please note British Gymnastics do not pro rata insurance costs down if starting part way through the year.
British Gymnastics insurance can be done on-line by visiting: www.british-gymnastics.org/membership
Club Membership of £15 is also charged within your first month fees.
Club Membership fees include a regional affiliation fee and club administration costs.
This is charged on the 1st September each year, this is also not pro rata’d if joining part way through the year.
Payments for sessions can be made through our Members platform or by childcare vouchers. Please email us on email@example.com for further information.
Do the gymnasts complete an award system?
Our classes follow British gymnastics awards systems. Badges & certificates are available on completion of each level.
Parent & Toddler, Pre- School;
Trampoline: Awards 1 through to Award 5
Gymnastics: Tiger Tots Award System.
After school and weekend sessions, 4 Years plus;
Trampoline: Award 6 is beginner through to Award 10 which is Advanced Recreational.
Gymnastics: Award 8 is Beginner through to Award 1 which is Advanced Recreational.
Tumbling: National Development Structure.
My child would eventually like to compete, is this something you offer?
We have a Competitive Trampoline & DMT (Double Mini Trampoline) Squad at HBS Revolutions who represent the club Nationally.
The Development & Competitive squad is invitational only, however if you would like to know more, please speak to one of our senior coaches or myself.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer competitive gymnastics at this stage.
What should they wear?
Suitable sports clothing. No belts, buckles, toggles or buttons and no loose clothing. They will train in socks. Hair must be tied back and jewellery either removed or taped.
Gymnasts will also need a sports bottle with them during their session.
You can purchase club leotards, please check out our clothing page on this website.
Can I watch?
After school / weekend Gymnastics and Trampolining: We have an open viewing policy at the club, all classes can be viewed from the balcony in the Main sports hall. We recommend staying for the first class to ensure your child is settled.
For Pre-school Gymnastics sessions, parents must remain on-site for the full session.Parents are encouraged to sit outside the main gym area. The session can be viewed through the windows. Our coaches will be happy to update you on your child’s progress at the end of the session.
Parent & Toddler, Pre-School Gymnastics Classes are based at the Tennis Centre within the school grounds – entrance through Fishponds Road.
Where can I park?
Pre-School Trampoline & after school / weekend Gymnastics & Trampoline sessions are held at HBS Sports Centre. Free parking is available in the Hitchin Boys’ School Car Park for all users of the sports centre. It can be found halfway down Grammar School walk on the left.
Pre-school Gymnastics sessions are held at the HBS Tennis Centre. Parking is available on site.
Fishponds Road, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG5 1NR
How do I find the sports centre?
The Hitchin Boys School sports centre is situated on Grammar School walk, opposite Wilkinson’s Car Park.
HBS Sports Centre, Grammar School Walk, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG5 1JB
How do I find the Tennis centre?
The Tennis Centre is located opposite Wilshire Dacre School.
HBS Lawn Tennis Centre, Fishponds Road, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG5 1NR
Our class sizes are a maximum of 5 gymnasts per Trampoline for 1 hour.
The session consists of a short warm up, timed goes for all gymnasts and 5 minutes of games at the end of each recreational session.
Click here to check out our pricing and closed dates.http://www.hbssportscentre.co.uk/hbs-revolutions/termdates/
Age Groups and Sessions for Trampoline
1 hour sessions – 5-8yrs, 9-12 yrs, 13-17yrs and 18 Plus yrs
2 hour sessions – Advanced and Development sessions 7yrs plus.
SEN sessions – Saturday Mornings 9am – 10am. (All age groups)
Our class sizes run in line with British Gymnastics Coach to Gymnast ratios.
The sessions consist of a 10 minute warm up, 3/4 rotations on apparatus (depending on session length) and a cool down at the end.
Parent & Toddler Classes (From walking to 3 years): Our classes work on building motor skills, co-ordination, strength and balance whilst working towards basic gymnastics skills. Our classes are structured with a 5 minute warm up, 3 rotations, free play and a 5 minute cool down and session evaluation and reward. Our sessions are themed to keep the children engaged in their lesson. Parents are actively involved in this session, the coaches are on hand to guide and support with correct handling techniques, and overall structure of the session.
Pre-school Gymnastics (3 & 4 year olds): Our classes work on building motor skills, co-ordination and balance whilst working towards basic gymnastics skills. Our classes are structured with a 10 minute warm up, 3 rotations and a 5 minute cool down and session evaluation and reward. Our sessions are themed to keep the children engaged in their lesson.
After school / weekend Gymnastics: Our classes work through the British Gymnastics award scheme, our sessions begin with a 10 minute warm up, 3 rotations on different apparatus and a cool down. Our classes are designed to be fun, whilst learning gymnastics skills in a safe environment.
Age groups & session times for Gymnastics Lessons
Pre – School
Parent and Toddler Classes: Tuesday & Friday 9:15am – 10am & 10am – 10:45am
Independent Classes: Tuesday 11am – 11:45am, Friday 11am – 11:45am, Friday 11:45am – 12:30pm, 1pm – 1:45pm & 1:45pm – 2:30pm
After school / weekend Classes.
4 & 5 years: 4pm – 4:45pm
6 – 7 years: 4:45pm – 5:30pm
8-9 years: 5:30pm – 6:30pm
10 plus 6:30 – 7:30pm
4 & 5 years: 1pm – 1:45pm
6 – 8 years: 1:45pm – 2:30pm
Development: (Invitational Only), times are;
Development 5:30 – 7pm
Advanced recreational session: 2:30pm – 4pm